Sunday, October 25, 2015

cs6 - Photoshop feathers selections even though I turned it off


This is what happens when I try to fill the selection with black.


enter image description here



It's super janky! What I want is to turn off all feathering to have a perfect crisp edge, but I can't figure out how to do that. Sorry for German interface, I would set it to English if I could. The option bar at the top for the selection tool says "Weiche Kante: 0px", which means feathering I think. "Glätten" means "anti-aliasing" and it's grayed out.
The paint bucket tool also doesn't seem to have any helpful options.


I'm using CS6 btw.


Edit: I think I know what's going on. The selection is essentially an alpha mask and isn't binary. The outline is just trying to give me an idea what the mask really looks like. It would be nice if there were just a button to make the selection binary without jumping through hoops.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...