Tuesday, October 13, 2015

mac os x - User Interface Changes for Mac when Porting Windows Application


I have an existing windows application, for which I have decided to create a Mac version. The problem is that the current UI involves a lot of buttons, tabbed panels, multiple windows etc.


This UI had been rated as intuitive and easy to use and straightforward by many customers and editors. But a beginner (very less experience) may find in confusing a little, but it has been complemented with tutorial.


When creating the Macintosh variant, should I focus on creating a simplified and minimalistic UI (this does not mean the current UI is complex, but I think Mac user's prefer a simple UI right?) or should I try to copy the exact same thing?


By reducing the UI some of the features may be missing. But it can be added later if needed. Should I focus on a fresh approach (this is easier rather than copying the complex UI pattern) or should I go with the old recognized setup?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...