Sunday, October 18, 2015

programming - What commercial financial libraries are available to outsource implementation risk?


During our daily jobs as quants, we tend to be willing to develop all the quantitative libraries ourselves. While I know that we need to develop specific algorithms which are the foundations of our strategies, I believe there are 2 major disadvantages in implementing quantitative libraries (including statistics such as performance, standard deviation, etc) in-house:




  • You take the risk of making a mistake in the implementation

  • You waste a lot of time implementing and testing functions that already exist


I have hence been considering using available libraries as a foundation to develop a new quantitative analysis platform. Although I know there are a few open-source libraries, I think most companies would be ready (and would prefer) to pay for the guarantee of continued support and maintenance. I also would like to have a library that I can use from .Net. So I started looking and I found:



  • NAG

  • MATLAB (as it can be compiled)


Is there something wrong in my argument, and do you know any other commercial library I could consider?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...