Wednesday, October 14, 2015

standards - Does ISO 9241 really matter?



I've been using ISO 9241 (Ergonomics of Human System Interaction) over the years to provide some structure and rigour to my UX process. It suits the (standards driven) industry I'm currently working in and seems to help shift the perception from UX as 'look and feel' to something with real substance.


But who else actually applies this standard (or parts of it) in the real world? Does it help and if so, how?


Cheers
R


PS If you've no idea what I'm talking about have a look at the Userfocus bluffer's guide (or the free but out of date online version).




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...