Wednesday, October 7, 2015

fonts - How to make Photoshop connect Gujarati characters?



I am using Photoshop CS6.


Recently when I try to type in our local language "Gujarati" via Google Input tools (I tried without Google tools also, with Gujarati fonts), the typed text not showing joined word and characters correctly.


This is how it looks in Photoshop:


enter image description here


It is working correctly everywhere except Photoshop. This is how is should look (typed in Chrome):


enter image description here


To better understand my problem, there is a similar question on Stack Overflow. That problem is for Android and my question is for Photoshop.



Answer



I don't know if this works for "Gujarati", it does for other languages:





  1. Make sure you have ligatures turned on:


    enter image description here




  2. Check the features of your own language:


    enter image description here




  3. In preferences, check you have the right mode (if it's not after changing it restart Photoshop):



    enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...