Saturday, May 28, 2016

branching narrative - Where can I find online resources about writing a visual novel?


I have read/played quite a few visual novels and am interested in the process of creating one.



Where can I find (preferrably free) online resources, such as How-To-Write or styleguide articles and blogs, about writing a visual novel?


The main reason for asking specifically about a visual novel is that I am having problems with the idea of creating a branched storyline and would like to see what common ways are for creating such a story.


Furthermore the way of presenting the story has always reminded me of theater and I would like to see whether visual novel authors use different formatting or descriptions when writing than text-only novel authors.


The fact that players can choose a path and that I have seen different ways of presenting these options is also fascinating, because some visual novels were giving the complete text a character would say while others would summarize the main content and I am not sure whether there are guidelines for what way should be preferred.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...