Tuesday, May 31, 2016

how to change the workspace color window from RGB to CMYK mode in Illustrator CS5.1?



I'm using Illustrator CS5.1 and started a new document in RGB mode. When I change the color mode to CMYK under File > Document Color Mode > CMYK Color, the Color window in my workspace doesn't change from RGB to CMYK mode. I can change the RGB levels using the Color window but I want to change CMYK levels.



Answer



Open the flyout menu in the Color panel and click on CMYK. The Color panel stays in whatever mode it started in, or is switched to. This doesn't affect the color mode of the document or the color; it's just a different way of describing the color.


If you used RGB swatches in your document, you'll find that double-clicking on a swatch after switching to CMYK mode will bring up a CMYK dialog automatically, but even here you can choose any of the color modes to work in for that particular swatch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...