Thursday, May 5, 2016

page layout - Illustrations showing up pixelated in Indesign despite huge resolution


Illustrations I create in Procreate show up pixelated at edges despite high resolution when I place them in Indesign.


illustrations' edges have some odd black outline around them


I'm working on illustrating books for print. It's my first time working on a print project, I usually do digital illustration for the web.


I use Procreate on Ipad Pro for illustrations, and need to place them into Indesign layouts. I do my best to create clean lines in my illustrations, and use a huge resolution as well (each illustration is about 3000x3000px in size), but when I place them in Indesign there's some weird stuff happening with illustration edges. I use 4000x4000 at 300dpi resolution for my canvas. Then export the image as PNG before placing into Indesign.


What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's exactly because the resolution is too high? Or it's a PNG issue?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...