Wednesday, May 4, 2016

design principles - How do I make objects and text stand out over a busy photo background?


I frequently have to place objects and text on photo backgrounds and some backgrounds make it hard to see the objects.


To get good contrast I will try to pick a background image that has large flat areas to place text and objects.



If that is not available I may try to put colored shapes behind the objects, dark for light text and vice versa.


Additionally I may try drop shadows or glow to set them off, but this is not always an option either.


In this case I have multi colored logos on a green and blue plant background that is busy.


I would like to avoid putting a shape between the objects and the background as it will cover the background.


They are currently shown with a white drop shadow. Two on bottom have a black drop shadow.


enter image description here


Any advice is appreciated.


Here are objects and foreground:


enter image description here enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...