Sunday, May 29, 2016

regulation - PRIIPs Stress Scenario


Let me ask you about the following rationale regarding stress scenario (IV Annex 10 (c)):


" Identify for each sub interval of length w the historical lognormal returns rt, where t=t0, t1, t2, …, tN. "


I find myself wondering what the t0,...,tN are: in fact, given that RTS only mentions for historical data of up to 5 years, I interprete the above as saying that t0,...,tN should be the 5 years data used in the rest performance scenarios as well. Otherwise the RTS should be more specific of how and where exactly these "new data" come from.


Would you agree to that interpretation or are you of the opinion that for stress purposes one needs to get more historical data?


Thank you very much in advance for your answer!



Answer



I interpreted it as the rolling standard deviation in 21 or 63 day Windows for the whole five years (less 21 or 63 days respectively) depending on whether you are doing one year or longer stress scenarios. I believe some think that the one year stress scenario means you only go back one year with the 21 day rolling window but this would surely be inconsistent with the other scenarios where regardless of the RHP you still use the maximum amount of historic returns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...