Wednesday, May 11, 2016

mobile - How should I display two user inputs that depend on each other?


I'm writing a web application with HTML5/JS. On one page there are two numeric inputs (A and B) where input B must always be equal or higher than input A. So if the user enters 500 in A, B must be 500 or higher. The absolute maximum of B is double as high as the absolute maximum from A.


So, these are the requirements in short:



  • A may be 100 max.

  • B may be 50 max.

  • B must always be equal or higher than A



How could I display the dependencies to the user and how should I avoid wrong user input? I thought of something like a slider with two knobs, as the user wont be able to move knob A beyond knob B. I'm not sure about this as I don't know how good such an element could be handled on a mobile device. What could be other solutions? Thanks :)



Answer



There could be two solutions to this problem


1) Use a range slider with limitations, check out this Ion RangeSlider with limitation demo


below is the image for Ion Range Slider


2) Second Option or way to reach the same objective is mixing Input field with a slider control. Enable/Show B after user enters into the Input A


second option


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...