Wednesday, July 13, 2016

gui design - What is best UX to avoid 6 buttons and how to make it more user friendly?


scenario 1




  • I am working on a Financial web application. In application, Sections are parent level and groups are child of those sections. When user at parent level user can see all groups. I want to map those group(s) with category(s).



    I have icon after that group name to map with categories. I want to map one group to many categories and many groups to many categories. After clicking on the icon, I will see this screen(Image 1 and image 2)




scenario 2




  • In this screen I have "Groups" and "Categories" Grey color indicates my selection for the group; clicking next selects Group 4, clicking previous selects Group 2, etc. I can select categories for each group, and I can a add category by clicking on the add button. I have 3 buttons at the footer:



    • Save and Previous - Save and go to previous group

    • Save and Exist - Save and exit from this screen


    • Save and Next - Save and go to next group




For scenario 1



  • What will be elegant way to map with group to category(s)? Should i use one group at time and mapping then next group?(as shown in the image 2)


Any better suggestion for this scenario ?


How should i show on header for all groups ? - Should i show all group as title or explicitly has to completed flow.



For 2 scenario




  • I want to avoid a large number of buttons, as users may feel confused with this layout.




  • Is there a better UX for this design?




Image 1 enter image description here



I have modified screen. Do you have any suggestion for that screen ?


Image 2 enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...