Monday, July 11, 2016

vector - How can I easily deselect a path after creating it in Illustrator?


I want to use the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator to make hair strands for a vexel portrait. I have to make hundreds of strands. The problem is that I would like to use the pen tool to make two anchor points (to make a strand of hair) without having to select the selection tool after each strand to make a new one.


Here's a video of what I am talking about: Vector/Vexel Hair Tutorial (Part 1)



Answer



Just press "P" after you create a strand and it'll allow you to make a new one. Click, click, P, click, click, P...one hand on the mouse and one hand on the P key makes it pretty efficient.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...