Monday, July 18, 2016

Making a Shape Edge Vertical in Illustrator


I'm making a letter M in Illustrator by using the pen tool and drawing half of the letter and then mirroring it with a transform effect. I noticed that when I zoom in there is a hairline space due to the fact that the edge is not 100% vertical. I've tried moving the anchor point around but I can't get it completely vertical even when holding shift.



Answer



You can select two or more anchors and click the buttons on the Align Panel or the align buttons on the Control Panel across the top of the screen (if it's set to align to selection).



Or select the anchor points and choose Object > Path > Average and select the "Vertical" option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...