Monday, July 18, 2016

publishing - Is there a Market for Poetry with a Fixed Verse Form


I find that when I structure my poetry according to an accepted form such as a villanelle, sestina, or sonnet I am able to think more clearly because of the boundaries of the form, and believe my best poetry is in fixed verse form.


I'm concerned that fixed verse form poetry seems old fashioned (especially given the number of people who think writing a sonnet gives them license to torture the English language). Are there readers for this type of poetry? Are their editors or magazines who would welcome it? Should I work on perfecting my un-structured poetry instead?



Answer



Duotrope also lists poetry markets; that might be the best place to start looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...