Friday, July 29, 2016

resize - GIMP: find midpoint / arbitrary division between two points



How do I find the middle, or n/th division or percentage of distance between two arbitrary points in GIMP?


Like, I have an object / a line of arbitrary length / two guides, placed in arbitrary place of the image. I want to place an object/marker/guide/whatever right in the middle of it, or precisely at 1/3 of it, and I want to do it with a bit of precision, not "by eye".


Is there any easier way than finding the pixel locations of the ends of the line and calculating proportions in a calculator on the side, or using Thales Theorem to "construct" the point?


(the one I found: draw a line the full distance on a separate layer, then use the "scale" tool to scale it by given percentage... but it feels extremely clunky)




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...