Sunday, July 17, 2016

keyboard - Usability of Ctrl + Enter Submitting of Forms


In my web app I want to give the possibility of submitting every form with Ctrl + Enter shortcut.


What is better:



  • submit the form with keyboard only when one of the fields of this form is focused






  • remember the last active form (in which an element was focused), then on Ctrl + Enter (if nothing is active at the moment) check that last active form is completed: if yes - submit it, if no - focus on missing field and highlight it.


I like the second option more because it also deals with multiple forms on a page and overall looks more flexible.


I am looking for your advice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...