Wednesday, July 20, 2016

vector - Filling half a shape in Illustrator


I am still pretty new to illustrator, so I am still learning. I have a shape (pill shape) that is all white. I am trying to "fill" half of the shape with a yellow color (keeping the black stroke intact. Does anyone know how to go about this?



Answer



This one is a bit hackish but it does the trick as well. Make a gradient where you have each color on either end, then click each little colored box under the gradient preview in the palette and set its location to 50. This way you've solved the problem but it's all in one object.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...