Monday, July 25, 2016

gui design - What's the recommended max width for the main container and for the main column, for large screens?


Based on this question, "Why do many sites leave half of each webpage empty?" and its comments and answers, I did some research, but I didn't find a complete answer.


For me it is obvious that it is a good decision to limit the width of the main container, but what is the recommended max-width for the main container for large screens, in 2017, when the screens become larger and larger? What variables should be considered in this decision?


Also, let's say a website has multiple columns in the main container, what is the max-width for the main column?


Update: I have now a related question. I recommended to one client to reduce the width of the main container on the homepage, but I can't convince him. It is a website with photos, like pexels.com. It is in this case important to limit the width if the elements are not one more important than other?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...