Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Illustrator: Clipping Mask Struggles


Illustrator noob here (pls bear with me).


I'm trying to make a face, and I want to add some shading on the left cheek, so this is my process: first make the shading, and then clip it to the original face shape underneath.


enter image description here


The shape of the shadow is right, but the actual face-shape disappears. What I've been doing to avoid this problem is to just copy/paste the original face shape, and clip the shading-shape to the copied-face-shape.


But if I modify the original face shape, the shape of the shadow doesn't modify along with it: enter image description here


Is there a smarter/better way to clip the shadow to the face so that, if the original face shape is changed, the shadow also changes accordingly?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...