Thursday, December 1, 2016

shapes - How to set the rotation point and use Transform Each in Illustrator?


I have a triangle I'm trying to rotate in Illustrator using the Object->Transform->Transform Each command, but I can't figure out how to set the rotation point like I can if I just use Free Transform.


This is important because the rotation point is at the center of the square bounding box, not at the center of the triangle.


Is there a way to set the rotation point? Or do I have to manipulate the bounding box somehow?



Answer



Doesn't look like there is a way to permanently alter an object's rotate point. You can use the Rotate tool or Free Transform to change it temporarily, but it resets to the center of the object once you change to a different tool.


If you just do a simple rotate using the selection tool instead of Rotate or Transform Each, it will use the bounding box. Otherwise you're stuck with the object's calculated center.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...