Friday, December 2, 2016

vector - How can I curve a design I made to make it perfectly match the curve of a circle?


I would like to make a logo that has two simplified branches of barley that mirror each other and curve to a perfectly circular shape, like the following from http://culination.co:



olive branch logo


I have tried to do it in Illustrator, Sketch and Pixelmator, but I can't seem to figure it out and can't find a tutorial. I tried making the pattern straight and curving it and when that didn't work, I tried making it curved, which was a total mess.


Does anyone have an idea how to do this elegantly?



Answer



Using Illustrator


To create those branches of barley like that, you could draw them straight then create an Art Brush out of them:


Straight Barley


Create a new Art Brush


Select your art, then Brushes panel click the New Brush button in the bottom right


Create a new art brush



Apply the art brush to a curve


Apply the art brush


The brush will nicely flow with whatever curves you apply it to


goofy stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...