Sunday, May 27, 2018

adobe indesign - How to check for 4-Color Black?


I routinely work files in InDesign(a lot of the artwork is linked), which to my knowledge does not have the ability to preflight 4-color black. I've not had any luck in Acrobat pro either. I save my files as PDFs. I have a PDF that I KNOW has 4 color black but when I run "List rich black objects"...I'm not getting any errors. Ideally, I'd like to be able to run a check in InDesign.



Answer



I Generally just use the Output Preview (Separations Preview) In Acrobat Pro



Untick the Black plate and if you still see something that's supposed to be straight black it's wrong and needs correcting.


enter image description here


You can do the same thing in Illustrator.....


enter image description here


Or in InDesign ......


enter image description here


This way you can check as you work if there's a concern.


Acrobat Pro : View > Tools > Print Production > Output Preview


Illustrator : Window > Separations Preview
(Be certain to turn OFF the preview in Illustrator before saving anything for web... it messes with the web output)



InDesign : Window > Output > Separations Preview


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...