Monday, May 7, 2018

adobe photoshop - Adding replaceable text to Smart Objects


I've started to use Smart Objects because you only have to edit them once to modify all instances of the object. I have run into a problem though. I want to add replaceable text to a Smart Object so that individual instances of this object can set their own text. It reminds me of how PowerPoint's slide masters work: the general layout is set globally, but the content can be modified on the slide itself.


Is this possible using Smart Objects? If not, is there a better way to do it? Here's a screenshot that illustrates my current situation.


My current situation


I want to be able to edit certain parts of these objects so that I can make something like this with one Smart Object:


What I'd like to do




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...