Sunday, May 6, 2018

Researching Future Technology for a Science Fiction Novel


Because I enjoy reading Science Fiction, I'm thinking of writing a Sci-Fi novel myself. I'm interested in 'hard' (related to the engineering sciences) science fiction with a military bent (think The Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell or Old Man's War by John Scalzi), so this will be my genre of choice.


However, it strikes me that, despite being Software Developer by trade, I don't know enough about the hard sciences to make my novel realistic. Plus, future technology may well be more advanced than that of today.


So, before I get started, my question is: how do I go about researching future technology for a science fiction Novel?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...