Monday, May 28, 2018

Is there a good resource or tool to help build a palette/color scheme around colors I select?


No matter how nice the composition, flow, and lines of my design are, if I am not copying directly from nature, I have a very difficult time picking a decent color scheme. It either looks too drab, or too garish.


Is there a good resource that will help me to choose a color scheme that has 2 or 3 colors, and the colors do not clash?


I'm not looking for specific colors or color schemes. What I need is a resource that will help me choose a color (or colors) that go nicely with, or provide a good accent to, whatever main color I am working with on the design.




Answer



One useful tool is Paletton (previously known as Color Scheme Designer):


You specify a starting color and a type of color scheme and it will generate a palette for you and allow you to modify that palette.


The nice thing about this tool is that you can see how it chooses the other colors based on the color you select. There is also a tool to simulate how those colors would look with different kinds of color blindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...