Monday, May 21, 2018

usability - Icon/Symbol to Represent "Done"?



I have a quiz-based application where users can leaf between questions and select answers. When they're done, there's a "done" button they click.


Windows version of my Android app


I don't really have polished graphics skills, so I may be additionally limited to using one of these: http://www.iconfinder.com/search/?q=iconset%3Aorb or trying to photoshop my own version of one of them.


But really, that's a side point; I'm more interested in a graphical symbol for done. I don't want a button that says "done" :)


Also, I'm okay with a semi-intuitive symbol, because I will confirm with the user that they're really done and not going to change their mind.


Edit: Thanks for all the great feedback. Here's the updated image post-UX-question:


Thanks, UX.SE!




Answer



enter image description here


Not ideal without a label, but it might work for you.


If this is the only button on the page, you might be able to pull it off. After all, most users do not read the labels of buttons they click.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...