Sunday, May 20, 2018

What is the best interface for multi selecting from a list?


I'm trying to design the best multi-select list. User needs to see in one column active items and inactive items in second one and needs to have a fast and clear option to on and off selected items.


I know there are some topics regarding to this subject on Stack and some well established patterns to solve this problem, but I don't find these patterns neither efficient nor self-explaining.


So I propose other solution (image) due to technical restraints there is not option to make items active/inactive immediately as user click switcher, he needs to click switcher (change the state of the switcher) and confirm action by clicking "Activate" button.


Do you think this solution will be clear for the user or should I dig deeper?


Multi-select flow




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...