Wednesday, August 29, 2018

adobe photoshop - How can I draw line drawings with the pen tool but with rounded edges?


I understand how to draw shapes with sharp corners using the pen tool, but what I cannot figure out is how to draw shapes in line drawings with rounded edges.


For example here is my drawing in solid, sharp edges lines:


enter image description here


I would like to achieve something more like this:


enter image description here



Answer



You can make circles, and place them on all the corners of the shape. Then edit the original path so that the corners don't show up anymore. Here's a quick little diagram of what I mean:


Instructions


I don't find this a very reliable way to do it, however. What you need to use is Illustrator, or another vector based program. This is best for drawing shapes and symbols like this.



In Illustrator, it's really easy to do this. Just go to Effect> Stylize> Round Corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...