Monday, August 13, 2018

website design - Preserve blend mode effect when underneath layers are disabled? (Photoshop)


So I'm working with this image: enter image description here


And I'm hoping to achieve an effect with it similar to what was done on this website http://www.digitalhands.net/, where independent image layers respond to mouse movements creating a sense of depth to the overall picture.


To do that I would have to break my image into several different layers. I'm not just not sure if that would be possible whilst still maintaining the original look of it, because a number of layers, particularly the music notes and their auras, heavily rely on blending modes like screen and color dodge, to achieve their glow. On top of that I make use of the "blend if"/"underlying layer" slider on many layers as well. If I try to disable the layers below them the blend modes lose their effect, but that's the only way I would be able to break the image down into the appropriate individual pieces.



Is there any possible way to break this image down in the way I'm aiming for? Most of the examples I've seen don't really work for what I'm ultimately trying to achieve with the depth effect. It may just be that the image is too complex for that.


Thanks




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...