Wednesday, August 15, 2018

interest rates - How does one estimate theta in the Ho-Lee model from a yield curve?


I have a yield curve constructed using linear interpolation with data points every 3-months for US treasuries.


I would like to use that calibrate a Ho-Lee model, but I can't wrap my head around how to calibrate theta.


Is there any implementation that I could use (preferably matlab, r or c++) or a detailed description of the algorithm that I could use for reference? I have found some notes on the optimal form of theta*, but it's described in continuous rather than discrete terms, so it's of limited use in my case.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...