Thursday, August 16, 2018

publishing - How do I find an agent?


I finished my novel, and everyone I've talked to says I need an agent. How do I find one?



Answer



Try and find a list of agents who write in your genre. Check out their websites! Find out if they are accepting new clients. If they aren't, then check out another agent. But if they are, try sending them a few chapters from your story, a brief, and a short cover letter asking them to represent you.


In the cover letter mention your previous publication credits. If sent via post, then I suggest you give them a means of reply, whether it be an email or a stamped, addressed envelope.


Agents will try their best to improve your chances of getting a book published.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...