Thursday, August 16, 2018

Most direct way to select the innermost group on Illustrator


I have multiple groups of shapes in a hierarchy that goes several levels deep. Something like this:


Layer 1

Group 1
Group 11
Shape 111
Shape 112
Group 12
Shape 121
Shape 122
Group 2
Group 21
Shape 211

Shape 212
Group 22
Shape 221
Shape 222

Each time I need to add some effect to one of the innermost groups, say Group 11, I need to double-click my way through all the parent groups in the hierarchy. The problems is that after I save changes Illustrator losses the current group I'm editing and goes back to the top level of the hierarchy, Layer 1 in this case.


How can I quickly select one of the innermost groups? Is there a shortcut or something I can use?



Answer



Select it with the layers panel. Only normal selection will mark the layer not select it you need to select it with the round dot next to the object name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...