Friday, December 28, 2018

icons - Showing which direction a value should go towards


I have an interesting UI challenge. I have a ratio that I am showing in two ways: one using a percentage surrounded by a circumference pie chart, and the other showing a status bar. In some cases a higher percentage is better and in other cases a lower percentage is better. I am trying to come up with an intuitive way to show which direction the data should be heading towards (0 or 100%) without using arrows that will draw the user's attention away.


ui design


In this example, we have a population of patients and we're trying to measure how well they are being cared for at a hospital. Let's say 23 patients out of a possible 46 patients with diabetes had a foot exam in the past year. In this case, a higher numerator is better. Now let's say 23 patients out of a possible 46 patients with heart problems were given incorrect heart medication. In this case, a lower numerator is better.


It would make things a lot easier if I could change how these measures are worded (ex. change incorrect medication to correct medication in the second example above), but I cannot do so. So, how do I create a UI that conveys this information while keeping the design simple and sleek (uni-color flat)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...