Saturday, December 29, 2018

terminology - Is there an industry term for a ribbon wrapping the corner of a design element?


Is there an industry term for a ribbon wrapping the corner of a design element? I'm going to be referring to this a lot in the near future, and it would be great if I could call it something more intelligent than "The corner ribbon thingy"


One example of what I'm talking about is on the site: http://www.brasseriegerard.co.uk/ The right-hand div has three elements which it rotates through. The first element has a red 'New' ribbon wrapping the corner of it.


Thank you!



Answer



I've heard it called a "snipe" by someone with 30 years in the advertising business. We also called it a "corner hat."


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...