Monday, December 10, 2018

website design - subfolder or subdomain - Which one is the best?



I'm creating a website for web creator, designer and video editor. I'm a multimedia integrator, so I'm doing almost everything related to media on the web or video. Whatever, on my portfolio I would like to add a photography section for my personal photos to show people that I love more than only web/video. Also, I draw a wireframe of what my photography page could look like and it will be really different from my original portfolio website I'm creating.


For example, my portfolio website has the nav menu on top, but the photography website will have the menu fixed on the left with a filter (to choose which picture you want to look at). Do you think I should put this photography section as "mywebsite.com/photogrpahy" or "photography.mywebsite.com"? I heard that sometimes SEO is weird with subdomain.


Also, thinking about adding two blogs in the futur. One for my work and one other for my travel and other personal stuffs. So I thought about :


mywebsite.com/blog ---> Work


blog.mywebsite.com ---> Travel/activities/etc.


What do you think about this?


Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...