Friday, December 7, 2018

adobe illustrator - Combine Same Color Objects


This question has probably been asked, but I can't find it, exactly. I'm a bit of a noob, and am unclear on some of the terminology.


How do you combine all adjoining objects of the same color, all in one fell swoop? This is different from "Grouping" them, is it not?


Perhaps some explanation is in order. I did a Live Trace of an image that had been printed slightly off register. I changed the color of all these small, off-register objects to match the background, so that they "disappeared." It seems to me that it would be a good idea to combine all these very small objects into the one, large, background object, to reduce the complexity of the image.



Answer



In Illustrator you can select all, then click the Merge button on the Pathfinder Panel. This will cause all objects of the same color, which touch each other, to combine into one object.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...