Saturday, December 15, 2018

print design - What printers or methods are used to apply a matte lamination finish to the blank surface of an optical disc?


I am a print design hobbyist and I have been trying to learn about how I can print my designs onto the surface of blank optical discs with a professional matte lamination finished style. (As shown in the Image below.)


Professional quality CDs, DVDs, Software and other optical disc media products have a smooth matte lamination style to the front surface of the discs and lately I have been wondering how it is that this style is actually produced.


Would somebody here please be able to explain to me in a reasonable amount of detail what printers, technology or methods are used to apply a matte lamination finish to the blank surface of an optical disc?


(Image shows a matte laminated disc surface which is non-gloss and non-reflective)Image





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...