Wednesday, December 12, 2018

conversion - Reducing the steps for ordering online


I am trying to do what I can to reduce the steps of ordering online. Now I have it down to two steps. As soon as someone clicks to the cart to pay it goes to:




  1. Check the cart contents, edit quantity, remove items.




  2. Address, billing details and payment details then order.





I was thinking about consolidating these two pages, and having the cart contents in with the payment and shipping info, just as one page. Would this be too overwhelming for the visitor on one page, or would it help them to be be able to see their and adjust their cart contents on the same page? I often see visitors clicking back from the payment page to the cart page, and can cause abandonment. So would love to hear people's thoughts and experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...