Monday, December 24, 2018

website design - What's the best way to display reply threads?



I have a post and reply system. Currently when you view a post, you can see a list of its direct replies in a vertical scroller. You then click on a reply to see replies to that. I might call this "breadth" display. However, I have some users complaining that they'd prefer to follow comment threads through replies, i.e. "depth" display. The issue I have is, reply chains follow a tree structure, and it is not easy to decide how to show all these threads at the same time.


My question is: Is there a good or recommended way to display a comment tree? There are similar solutions online, such as Reddit's way of rendering, but most people I've talked to don't find that very intuitive either.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...