Thursday, January 15, 2015

How to bend a rounded rectangle correctly on Illustrator?


I have a rounded rectangle with corner radius that completely covered the sides. See below:


Rounded Rectangle


I want to bend this so it is wrapping a circle. I can't seem to do it without messing with the caps.


I tried making this a brush and apply it to a stroke, here is the result:


bent


Notice the caps are deformed.



Any idea?



Answer



You might consider this "cheating", but in that situation I would just apply a very thick stroke to a line and add rounded end caps:


Stroke settings


Illustrator screenshot


You can always expand the stroke if you need to manipulate it as a shape


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...