Saturday, January 17, 2015

adobe illustrator - Clipping Mask, Pathfinder or Compound Path?


I'm sorry for such a generic title, but I couldn't figure out a title that would make sense with what I am trying to do.


So I am a novice when it comes to illustrator, but I am trying to cut out the middle portion of my logo. The white rectangle is what I am trying to remove from various layers of my logo, the pink is just a generic background (image 1)


enter image description here


I've tried all that I can think of, but the best I can do is get the middle of the "s" cut out (using exclude on pathfinder, image 2), but my colors get all messed up.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...