Tuesday, January 27, 2015

vector - Space between 2 paths in Illustrator


How can I align 2 paths perfectly? No matter what I do I get a little space (gap between the 2 paths I create, and they are straight lines not as I saw in other questions with pixel problems)



An example:


Example of gaps between paths


Between every triangle is a little space, like in the example. It isn't obvious and it doesn't bother, but if I use the image (as an SVG or something) it is really obvious.



Answer



You can not really affect the way your SVG renderer will draw the image. Its possible that it will outline to white even if there is no gap. This said, you can make the triangles underlap each other, so that each succeeding triangle is behind the other, this should give the SVG engine the hint.


Compare:


SVG Preview in Firefox


Image 1: Preview in Firefox. Source: http://imgh.us/tris.svgz


with:


SVG Preview in Firefox with path underlap



Image 2: Preview in Firefox with underlap. Source: http://imgh.us/tris2.svgz


The gap is visible in the screen capture of image 1 between red and orange triangles. But is not in place in the second example as the triangles overlap giving the rendering engine the hint it needs to resolve the issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...