Sunday, January 25, 2015

fonts - Why do some letters look odd at 100% but not 200%?


I'm looking at a document both in InDesign and, after exporting to PDF, in Acrobat, and the strangest thing is happening to my font; some letters are looking different than they should when shown at 100% but look normal at 200%.


Look at the example below on some select words from the document: the m, n, i and l all look like they have a few pixels of a descender when viewed at 100%. When I zoom into 200%, the problem corrects itself. Any idea what's causing this? I'd like to get it fixed, because this PDF will likely be viewed on computer and not printed.


Screenshots of the two zooms


If it means anything, the font is ITC Stone Sans.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...