Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What's wrong with +/- accordion controls?


I have to implement an accordion control in a system I'm building.


Looking around, most people are suggesting using arrows for the control. However, to me a plus and a minus seems far more intuitive. There are so many more things that a arrow can mean than controlling the accordion.


I've even seen some claims that a plus and a minus are outright bad...



So I'm wondering...why is this?


Why is a plus and a minus so much worse than chevrons/arrows?


I'm looking for some solid evidence to change my mind here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...