Saturday, March 26, 2016

adobe illustrator - Unable to draw logo with correct strokes and shadow


I am trying to design a logo for my company. However I have tried for 12 hours now making the design below, but I have huge problems getting what I want.


I want the road to be crossing the other one like it was a bridge. It should not look like a intersection like it does now. Can someone give me instructions to how to manage to create a shape like this?


enter image description here


This is what I have.


enter image description here



Answer




I assume you're trying to do all this with a single stroke?? Things really depend upon how you currently have objects constructed.


In order to get the appearance of an "overlap" you need an overlap. So draw a section of road to cover the overall path:


enter image description here


Same stroke style applied to an additional path on top of the base path. You won't be able to create the appearance of an overlap, regarding the white stroke, with a single path and the Appearance Panel.


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


To deal with those hairline bits that appear on the ends due to anti-aliasing, you can add an Effect the the base black stroke. This is really just a drawing anti-aliasing artifact and won't be visible on export (Art Optimized) or in print. But if it bothers you or you are uncertain it really isn't an issue, you can tweak things to remove it.


enter image description here


Highlight the base stroke... Choose Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform from the menu. Enter a very small scale change in the top two fields of the Transform Options dialog window:



enter image description here


This will cause the black base stroke to be slightly larger than the underlying white stroke, and subsequently remove that hairline you may see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...