Tuesday, March 15, 2016

usability study - SUS Scores and Doubts


My team just started using the SUS to baseline our applications against each other. There are some doubts regarding the relation of the questions to web applications and web sites. At times study participants laugh at the questions or don't know how to answer them appropriately for the context of the study they participated in.


Some questions that raise confusion:


1. I think that I would like to use this system frequently.


For auto insurance, policies last for 6 months, so is frequently a relative term? I am not going to go in and get a quote every day, just when I need it.


5. I found the various functions in this system were well integrated.


How does this relate to a website that has a singular task (i.e. getting an auto insurance quote)?


10. I needed to learn a lot of things before I could get going with this system.



Does this mean they needed to learn a lot about the system, or about the product (auto insurance)?


What have others experiences been with the SUS and how participants and stakeholders perceive the results?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...