Wednesday, March 30, 2016

html - What is the best web UI for choosing a range on a form?


I have a typical form with dropdown choices, freeform textboxes and textarea for large fields.


I now need to add a range for things like this.


Start / End Time Start / End Day Low Bid / High Bid


I can do this by simply having 2 different controls and have folks choose seperately but i was thinking there might be a better way given the validation functionality seems generic (i don't want anyone to be able to choose a value for the End / High number that is lower than the Low / Start number and visa versa.


What is the best UI for this?




Answer



While I have no idea how to implement it, I saw the following on kayak.com recently and it might work for your purposes. There are sliders for Min and Max. IN this case, as you are sliding it displays a graph showing the price of flights for that selection. I've seen similar on ebay motors and other places.


I prefer this UI over having separate controls for Min and Max (or Start and End, etc.) The entire schedule or range is on a single control and the user has immediate feedback on the consequences of their changes.


sliders


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...