Sunday, March 13, 2016

Encoding symbols from LaTeX in Adobe Illustrator


I would like to solve a problem but I am not able to do it. Precisely I am creating figures and I should insert mathematical formulas. The first thing I do is to create a .pdf file from a .tex source and then edit it in Adobe Illustrator. I can change the symbols, but, for example, the square root is not perfectly viewable and in its place I see a rectangle with a cross. There is some strategy to solve this problem?


I have attached the related images created first with the LaTeX, and then edited with Adobe Illustrator.


enter image description here


enter image description here



Answer



I think you need a specific mathematical symbols font for it.


You can make the square root from the Glyphs Panel using Mathematical Pi Lt Std font from fonts.com, and combining two characters:



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...