Monday, March 7, 2016

iphone - How to A/B test a published IOS and Android app on actual users?


I've published several apps on IOS and Android adding flurry to measure the interaction that is happening in those apps, however, I'd love to enhance this interaction and make my apps more useful by using A/B Testing on users who are already using the app, however, I couldn't find any source that does such a thing on mobile apps, I wonder if there are any way to do it.



Answer



Here is what I would do to have A/B Testing done on Existing Customers / People who already have my app:





  • Both the flows of the App you have in mind should be bundled as a part of the same app.




  • You use the code injection to send information to Flurry.




  • Use the same method to check how many users have downloaded the latest version of your App with both flow experiences A & B.





  • For every user who downloads the newest version, update the App with an alternate flag status, and the flag would determine which flow would unlock in the App.




  • The rest Flurry would do for you, it will send you the analytics / usage stats for you to decide which one is preferred or has better experience or better usability.




  • I am attaching an image which will explain things better.




AB Testing Diagram for Above Explanation



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...